Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sacramento Sketchbook - Garden


I had forgotten about this watercolor when I opened my sketchbook. Once I began painting I knew it was more complex than my smaller pieces but I wanted to see it through to completion. I used a photo from Victoria magazine so I wouldn't have to cope with changing light and shadows. Added my blue and white pot to the table and thought of David Hockney's crayola sketch when I did the hat on the chair.

I used Dr. Martin radiant watercolor concentrates for the brights but had to add from my Cotman set for darker colors. Unfortunately, Dr. Martin is light sensitve so I have to keep those paintings stored or make copies.

1 comment:

Lin said...

This is beautifully done! You have such a fine eye and wonderful touch with the pencil! Keep 'em comin!