Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Studio Organizers



Black page books hold clippings and scraps, sometimes arranged in collages, for visual stimulus and some are from travel and events like museum shows, Calder in San Francisco, Magritte in LA, Van Gogh in Amsterdam. Where I keep the things I will never wear, like outrageous apple green satin Jimmy Choo heels with tomato red undersoles.



These binders are filled with plastic sleeves that hold original art, reduced copies of larger pieces, collages, sketches and collages unfinished, letters, stories.


Pocketsize photo albums are handy for organizing reduced copies of sketches that can be made up into small booklets for trips, places and people, floral, still life, etc. The views of Hokusai will fill one of these booklets. The drawers next to the chest hold pens, paints, supplies. Both came from Ross. Easier for me to keep art things in pieces that look like furniture.

2 comments:

sandy said...

I've just discovered your blog, love it! And great way to organize. I'm fascinated by people's scrap books, journals, etc.

japochine said...

Thanks for visiting Sandy. I will post one of the little booklets when I decide which one to show.
aiko